Online Chess from GeeksWithChess.com
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

WHERE IS EVERYONE
EL KERBONG
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:40:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Where is everyone???

I've been here a few times, now, and I've NEVER seen more than 12 people here. In addition, there's 7 or so names that are here ALL THE TIME, and in all the "rooms".

I was led to believe that this site had a lot of members. So, where are they? Or is this site a hoax? What?
Sponsor
aberent
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:07:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

EL KERBONG;24 wrote:
Where is everyone???

I've been here a few times, now, and I've NEVER seen more than 12 people here. In addition, there's 7 or so names that are here ALL THE TIME, and in all the "rooms".

I was led to believe that this site had a lot of members. So, where are they? Or is this site a hoax? What?

Thank you for your post

Although Live Chess has signed up almost 20,000 members over the last 2 years, only a small percentage are true regulars to come back to play every day. The 7 opponents you see all the time are computer opponents. They have a computer icon that is different from regular players. Although there are hours of the day that are busier than others, 10-12 consecutive real players is what I see during peak hours.

I strive to make the site as popular as possible but internet advertizing is fairly expensive and I don't really make any money from the site. I really depend on the players to spread the word either by telling their friends, clicking the facebook like button or providing a link from their site.

Adam Berent
GeeksWithChess.com